Kevin De Bruyne reveals he met his wife after sliding into her Twitter DMs during Chelsea loan spell

Kevin De Bruyne reveals he met his wife after sliding into her Twitter DMs during Chelsea loan spell

Kevin De Bruyne revealed he met his future wife after sending her a direct message on Twitter.


The Manchester City ace is considered one of the best midfielders in the world and is leading Pep Guardiola’s men to an unprecedented quadruple.


However, before finding fame, the Belgium international was admittedly introverted and even struggles to form close bonds with his teammates.





Kevin De Bruyne has blossomed into one of the best midfielders in the world



2




Kevin De Bruyne has blossomed into one of the best midfielders in the world



Although he is firm friends with Raheem Sterling now (despite thinking he was a ‘d******d’ at first) the 27-year-old  admits he owes much of his newfound confidence after sliding into his future wife’s DMs while on loan from Chelsea.


“Everything changed then,” De Bruyne told the Player’s Tribune. “But not just because of football. It was also because I had my (future) wife by my side.


“She helped me grow in ways that I’ve probably never expressed out loud — even to her. This is such an embarrassing story that I hesitate to tell it! But since I promised you honesty, then I guess I have to. And it’s pretty funny, anyway.


“It started with a tweet. I only had a few thousand followers at the time, because I was still on loan at Werder Bremen. So I tweeted something about a match or whatever, and this pretty girl favorited it.





De Bruyne spent the 2012-13 season on loan at Werder Bremen from Chelsea



2




De Bruyne spent the 2012-13 season on loan at Werder Bremen from Chelsea



“I was single at the time, and my friend noticed it. So he said, ‘She looks like a nice girl, no? You should send her a message.’


“And I literally said to him, ‘No, no, no. Come on. People don’t like me. They don’t get me. She won’t respond.’


“So he grabbed my phone and started tapping out a message. He showed me the phone and said, ‘Come on, can I hit send?’


“I was probably on the floor, cringing, but for some reason I said, ‘O.K. fine, send it.’















“Says it all, no? I’m supposed to be this big footballer, and I didn’t even have the heart to slide into my future wife’s DMs! I didn’t dare!


“But thankfully, he sent the message for me, and she responded. We got to know each other over text for a few months. It’s a lot easier for me once I get to know someone, so after that, I was good. It really was a beautiful thing.


“She changed my life in so many ways. Honestly, I don’t know what I would do without her.





Arsenal and Chelsea will pit their wits against one another on Wednesday at 8pm - a game you can hear LIVE… BAK ACHE talkSPORT have live commentary from the game in Baku from 8pm on Wednesday evening The Olympic Stadium in Baku, Azerbaijan is the venue for the first ever all London Europa League Final.
Europa League Final: Arsenal have NEVER beaten an English




Despite seeming set to miss out on automatic promotion, Leeds United have three players in the PFA's Championship Team of the Year. Norwich City and Leeds United dominate this season's
Pukki, Sharp and Abraham top PFA Championship Team of the Year




Chelsea backed to appoint Ajax manager Erik ten Hag - 'They can't get this one wrong' CHELSEA should should make Erik ten Hag their new manager if Maurizio Sarri leaves the club this summer.
"There's no better man": ESPN journalist urges Chelsea to



The Gunners are keen to offload Henrikh Mkhitaryan as well as Mesut Ozil this summer as they try to reduce their huge wage bill, according to the Daily Mirror. Arsenal will also reportedly sell Mohamed Elneny, Calum Chambers and Shkodran Mustafi, in addition to seeing Petr Cech, Danny Welbeck and Aaron Ramsey leave at the end of their contracts.



Patrice Evra has questioned if Alexis Sanchez's move to Manchester United was motivated by money after he turned down the chance to join rivals City.. The Chilean signed a huge contract worth £
Evra expects Pogba to leave Man Utd & suggests Alexis only



Two words for our young Three Lions England team: Thank you It is quite difficult to imagine the former England manager, Big Sam Allardyce, Roy Keane says England have a 'long way to go
Jones may represent England's best hope of World Cup win

Darren Way sacked by Yeovil Town with club fighting for




Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona (agg 4-3): Reds pull off a miracle to book their place in Champions League final Jurgen Klopp's men defied all the odds thanks to doubles from Divock Origi and Georginio
Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona (agg 4-3): Reds pull off a miracle to




Manchester City star Raheem Sterling speaks highly of Liverpool. a point behind champions City in the Premier League aforementioned comments will make Liverpool fans
Liverpool star Virgil van Dijk crowned Premier League Player




RUBEN LOFTUS-CHEEK will seek assurances before committing his long-term future to Chelsea. The midfielder has another two years left on his current deal, but club chief Marina Granovskaia wants to
Ruben Loftus-Cheek tells Chelsea he will sign new contract on



Solskjaer will return to Molde at the end of the season but, for the next few months at least, we can look forward to the following song being chanted by United's faithful supporters: Manchester United's Solskjaer chant. The chant is sang to the tune of Johnny Cash's famous song You are My Sunshine and the words go: You are my Solskjaer,
Manchester United team news: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer names Pogba



A Football Report; Arsenal news: Hoffenheim bid farewell to 'pure football joy' Reiss Nelson Talksport; Report: Newcastle may be willing to shatter transfer record for Joelinton HITC; Mainz 05 - Hoffenheim head to head game preview and prediction A Football Report; Hoffenheim send brilliant message to Arsenal loanee Reiss Nelson - fans will


For the primary time, NikeConnect know how will likely be featured in a soccer jersey with the disclosing of the new third kit for Chelsea FC and its 2018 19 season. div style text align center

Tottenham vs Liverpool: Mauricio Pochettino remains tight


Gareth Bale continues to see his future at Real Madrid called into question, but he does figure prominently in the reveal of the club's new home kit for 2019-20.. The current transfer window is

No comments:

Post a Comment