Arsenal news: Reiss Nelson says Hoffenheim loan has made him grow up

Arsenal news: Reiss Nelson says Hoffenheim loan has made him grow up

Arsenal youngster Reiss Nelson believes he has grown up during the German “mission” he’s been on.


The England Under-21 international is heading into the final few weeks of his loan spell at Bundesliga side Hoffenheim.





Arsenal starlet Reiss Nelson in action for Hoffenheim



3




Arsenal starlet Reiss Nelson in action for Hoffenheim






A stellar start, injuries and struggles with the language have sent the Gunners forward on a steep learning curve.


He was even dropped from the squad for the 2-1 win over Nurnberg earlier this month which boss Julian Nagelsmann described as an “educational measure”.


“I was late to training, I was 20 minutes late, and that’s something I need to learn from,” Nelson said, ahead of England Under-21s’ friendly with Germany in Bournemouth on Tuesday.


“You can make mistakes but it’s your job and you shouldn’t be late.


“I held my hand up and I said sorry to him and we both moved on as bigger men.





The England Under-21 international says he’s matured a lot during his spell in Germany



3




The England Under-21 international says he’s matured a lot during his spell in Germany



“He put me in the squad the next week because I’d been doing well.


“I’ve been out there for 10 months by myself. It’s not been easy and I haven’t had my mum or my brother about.


“I’ve got to do my own shopping, I haven’t got many friends out there but it’s my job and I’m there to play football.















“When I do come back I do like to go out with my friends and see family because in Germany I’m on a mission.


“I do like to enjoy myself when I’m back but that’s normal for a guy my age.


“I don’t get homesick but my family are very good, they’ll fly straight over and my brother will come and stay for a month and my mum will come over any time I ask her.”




LIVE on talkSPORT






There are six live commentaries across the talkSPORT network this week. Find out what they are and where to hear them, below...



  • Montenegro vs England (Monday) – talkSPORT

  • France vs Iceland (Monday) – talkSPORT 2

  • Czech Republic vs Brazil (Tuesday) – talkSPORT 2

  • West Brom vs Birmingham (Friday) – talkSPORT 2

  • West Ham vs Everton (Saturday) – talkSPORT

  • Portsmouth vs Sunderland (Sunday) – talkSPORT 2






Six Bundesliga goals in his opening seven games earned the 19-year-old a Young Lions debut in October.


He scored twice in his first two games – an impudent backheel helping the under-21s to a 6-0 win over Andorra to wrap up Euro 2019 qualification before netting in a 2-0 victory in Scotland.


But since then form and fitness – Nelson suffered a back injury in January – has seen the forward struggle to make an impact and the young Gunner is yet to start in 2019 for Hoffenheim, who are ninth in the Bundesliga.





The Arsenal youngster is on a season-long loan at Hoffenheim



3




The Arsenal youngster is on a season-long loan at Hoffenheim



He is in regular touch with Jadon Sancho, but while Sancho – who started in England’s 5-0 win over the Czech Republic on Friday – has become a star at Borussia Dortmund, Nelson is pragmatic with his own development.


“Football is like that, you dip in form – especially at my age – but the main thing is you keep your focus,” he said, having played 24 times this term.


“You know what your targets are. Mine were just to play for Hoffenheim and do well when I get the chance.


“I always try to be positive but not expect too much of myself, just have a nice balance.


“After injury I was a bit sluggish in training, but with the help from the guys at Hoffenheim, they spoke to me well and nurtured me back in slowly.”





Arsenal news: Reiss Nelson says Hoffenheim loan has made him grow up Nelson was dropped from the Hoffenheim squad for the 2-1 win over Nurnberg earlier this month for being late By talkSPORT
Arsenal news: Reiss Nelson says Hoffenheim loan has made him


Reiss Nelson has revealed the advice Arsenal's academy manager Per Mertesacker has been giving him during his season-long loan in Germany. The Gunners youngster, currently with the England Under-21s squad, had a superb start to life on the continent, where he is spending the campaign with Hoffenheim.
Reiss Nelson on his Hoffenheim loan and his Arsenal dream


Reiss Nelson has committed to a new long-term contract at Arsenal before completing a season-long loan switch to Bundesliga side Hoffenheim. Arsenal transfer news: Reiss Nelson pens new contract


Arsenal academy manager Per Mertesacker has a challenge for Reiss Nelson. The young winger is one of several Gunners stars out on loan this season after he joined Bundesliga outfit Hoffenheim in the summer and has made quite the impression during his short time there.
Reiss Nelson 'a man' after Hoffenheim loan and now dreams of


LEARNING CURVE Nelson was dropped from the Hoffenheim squad for the 2-1 win over Nurnberg earlier this month for being late Arsenal youngster Reiss Nelson believes he has grown up during the German "mission" he's been on. The England Under-21 international is heading into the final few weeks of his loan spell at Bundesliga side Hoffenheim.
Reiss Nelson reveals the 'direct' advice Per Mertesacker has


Reiss Nelson ready to shine for Arsenal after Hoffenheim loan made whizkid a man. EXCLUSIVE: Nelson says the winger Arsenal will get back after his year in Germany is very different to the one who
Reiss Nelson: Through the eyes of a Hoffenheim fan - You Are
youaremyarsenal.com/reiss-nelson-through-the-eyes-of-a-hoffenheim-fan/
Reiss Nelson went on loan to German club Hoffenheim from Arsenal for the entirety of the 2018/2019 season and has a very impressive goal ratio which has seen him score seven goals in 587 minutes of Bundesliga action.
Nelson: I'm aiming for Arsenal breakthrough on return

Arsenal news: Reiss Nelson says Hoffenheim loan has made him


Reiss Nelson 'a man' after Hoffenheim loan and now dreams of firing for Arsenal in Premier League Arsenal forward Reiss Nelson says he has evolved from boy to man How Arsenal will line
Reiss Nelson ready to shine for Arsenal after Hoffenheim loan


Reiss Nelson says he's aiming for a place in Unai Emery's first team as he continues his development on loan at Hoffenheim. The England under-21 international made an eye-catching start to life in Germany netting six times and grabbing an assist for Julian Nagelsmann's side within a couple of months.
Arsenal transfer news: Reiss Nelson pens new - goal.com


Reiss Nelson has hinted that he was considering leaving Arsenal on a permanent basis before he signed a new contract and joined Hoffenheim on loan for the duration of the 2018-19 season. The 18 year old was into the final 12 months of his deal, and despite months of discussion and negotiation he had yet to put pen to paper on new terms.
What Reiss Nelson has told the Arsenal academy staff about

No comments:

Post a Comment