Singapore's Akbar is best coach in I-League

Singapore's Akbar is best coach in I-League
Singaporean Akbar Nawas has been named the I-League's best coach after leading Chennai City to their first title earlier this month.
The Indian team swept seven out of 10 categories at the I-League awards and trophy presentation ceremony at the Taj Corramandel in Chennai on Wednesday.
Akbar received the Syed Abdul Rahim Best Coach Award, while Chennai's Spanish imports Roberto Eslava, Nestor Jesus Gordillo and Pedro Manzi were named the league's best defender, midfielder and forward respectively.
With 21 goals, Manzi shared the top-scorer award with Churchill Brothers' Willis Plaza. He was also voted the league's best player.
Akbar and his assistant K. Balagumaran have been credited for transforming Chennai from relegation stragglers last season to champions this year as they reaped the rewards for preaching and practising an attacking style of football.
Akbar, 43, told The Straits Times: "It has been a great season to remember, and the award was made possible because of my players, who did their job on the pitch to win the league.
"After finishing second with Tampines Rovers in Singapore (2016) and Global Cebu in the Philippines (2017), there is huge personal satisfaction in winning the league title with Chennai in India and helping them reach the AFC Champions League qualifiers."

 I-League champions Chennai City coach Akbar Nawas, import Jozef Kaplan and assistant coach K. Balagumaran posing with the I-League trophy. Akbar was named Coach of the Year at the I-League awards and trophy presentation ceremony on Wednes
From right: I-League champions Chennai City coach Akbar Nawas, import Jozef Kaplan and assistant coach K. Balagumaran posing with the I-League trophy. Akbar was named Coach of the Year at the I-League awards and trophy presentation ceremony on Wednesday. PHOTO: COURTESY OF AKBAR NAWAS


Chennai also received a congratulatory message from Fifa president Gianni Infantino.
In a letter addressed to the All India Football Federation (AIFF), he wrote: "I was delighted to hear that Chennai City FC have been crowned 2018-19 I-League champions. This is, no doubt, the result of effort and hard work, and everybody involved can be proud of this great achievement. I encourage them to continue working with determination and motivation.
"On behalf of the entire football community, I take this opportunity to thank Chennai City FC and your federation for helping spread the positive message of football and foster the practice of this beautiful game that unites us all."
The achievement of Akbar and Balagumaran has not gone unnoticed by the AIFF and the duo are said to be on its radar for the vacant India national coach position.
Akbar admitted that he has been approached by other teams, but he is keen to take Chennai forward in the new 20-team Indian Football League next season that will unify the I-League and the Indian Super League.
"I have received offers and I'm in discussions with my club owner about the future," said Akbar.


Singaporean Akbar Nawas has been named the I-League's best coach after leading Chennai City to their first title earlier this month. The Indian team swept seven out of 10 categories at the I-League awards and trophy presentation ceremony at the Taj Corramandel in Chennai on Wednesday.
Singapore's Akbar is greatest coach in I-League, Soccer


SINGAPORE - Singaporean Akbar Nawas has been named the I-League's best coach after leading Chennai City to their first title earlier this month. The Indian team swept seven out of 10 categories at the I-League awards and trophy presentation ceremony at the Taj Corramandel in Chennai on Wednesday (March 20).
Singaporean coach Akbar Nawas' Chennai City FC crowned new I

Singapore's Akbar is best coach in I-League, Football News


Singaporean coach Akbar Nawas' Chennai City FC crowned new I-League champions in India Nawas took over as the head coach of the I-League club in March 2018 after previously serving as the
I-League winning coach Chennai City coach Akbar Nawas calls


SINGAPORE - Singaporean Akbar Nawas has been named the I-League's best coach after leading Chennai City to their first title earlier this month.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Football: Singaporean coach Akbar Nawas is I-League's best


Chennai City were crowned champions of the 12th I-League following a 3-1 victory over Minerva Punjab in one of the last round matches here. Chennai City's I-League-winning coach Akbar Nawas Saturday called for a unified league with 20 teams, saying it would "benefit" the national team.
Chennai City's I-League winning coach Akbar Nawas calls for


Singaporean Akbar Nawas has been named the I-League's best coach after leading Chennai City to their first title earlier this month. The Indian team swept seven out of 10 categories at the I
Singapore's Akbar is best coach in I-League | Sports Love Me
sportsloveme.com/soccer/singapores-akbar-is-best-coach-in-i-league/
Singapore's Akbar is best coach in I-League 03/25/2019 AKBA , AWARDS AND PRIZES , India Singaporean Akbar Nawas has been named the I-League's best coach after leading Chennai City to their first title earlier this month.
Singapore's Akbar is best coach in I-League - theworldnews.net


Mr Mohamad Akbar Bin Abdul Nawas is an experienced local football coach who recently led Indian professional football team Chennai City Football Club to become 1 st-time champion of Hero I-League (Indian top professional football division). Prior to that, he had accumulated head coach experience both locally (e.g. with Tampines Rovers FC) and


Coimbatore: Chennai City's I-League-winning coach Akbar Nawas Saturday called for a unified league with 20 teams, saying it would "benefit" the national team.Uncertainty looms over I-League's future with the All India Football Federation (AIFF) mulling bringing the league's top teams into the ISL fold.
Coaches Evening with Akbar Nawas - Athletes and Coaches


Home/Sports/ Singapore's Akbar is greatest coach in I-League, Singapore's Akbar is greatest coach in I-League, Soccer Information & High Tales. waka 2 days ago.
Football: Singaporean coach Akbar Nawas is I-League's best

No comments:

Post a Comment