Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgate’s ‘ruthless’ side and his respect for Raheem Sterling

Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgate’s ‘ruthless’ side and his respect for Raheem Sterling

Tottenham and England full-back Danny Rose spoke exclusively with Drivetime on Friday afternoon.


The 28-year-old sat down to discuss a number of topics with talkSPORT’s Sam Matterface, in what was a fascinating interview.


He discussed his debt of gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for the impact he’s had on his career, while insisting the club ‘must listen’ to the Argentine if they want to keep their remarkable progress up.


He also spoke about his embarrassment regarding an unnamed club that were interested in signing him last summer, asking a senior official at Spurs if he was ‘crazy’.


Plus, he had praise for Gareth Southgate, explaining how the England boss is far from just a ‘nice guy’ – insisting has a ‘ruthless’ side to him.




Danny Rose sat down for an exclusive interview with talkSPORT’s Sam Matterface on Friday



7



Danny Rose sat down for an exclusive interview with talkSPORT’s Sam Matterface on Friday


Below are some of the highlights from the exclusive talkSPORT interview with Danny Rose…




On Mauricio Pochettino…


“They must listen to the manager. I fully agree with everything he says. He said recently that he needs to know what the next chapter of the club is.


“Not many people could operate in the circumstances that he’s done. We had no stadium, we’ve not signed anybody. Tottenham have a different way of working.


“Not many managers would have been able to do what Mauricio has done, in terms of securing Champions League football four years in a row and finishing second, third and fourth.


“He’s brought through a number of young players and got them into the England squad.




Rose, second left, has hailed the impact Mauricio Pochettino has made at White Hart Lane



7



Rose, second left, has hailed the impact Mauricio Pochettino has made at White Hart Lane


“We definitely have to listen to what he thinks and what he wants and hopefully we can give him that.


“He’s a very likeable person, he’s very calm and even when we’re losing there’s only been one or two times where he’s raised his voice at half-time.


“He’s very approachable too, so I can’t speak highly enough for him and what he’s done for my career at Tottenham.


“He’s changed me as a player and promised me he’d make me an England player. He fully deserves all the accolades that have come his way.”











On ‘crazy’ remarks…


“That’s the message I was told by someone at my club. I was speaking to someone last summer and the [Spurs] were aware of it, they was helping me out massively in trying to maybe get a deal sorted.


“Tottenham were absolutely brilliant, that process they were trying to help me anyway possible.


“I was leaving training one afternoon and a senior official from the club stopped me in the car park and he said ‘we are aware you are speaking to someone and I have spoke to somebody and they would like to meet you’, and I said ‘yeah that is fine’ and he said ‘they just want to check that you are not crazy.’




The Tottenham defender has spoken openly about his battle with depression



7



The Tottenham defender has spoken openly about his battle with depression


“I have never been so embarrassed in all my life, I just wanted to get in my car and hide.


“Even though I was going through [depression] what I went through, it didn’t ever affect me doing my job and I still like to think I give 100 per cent whatever state of mind that I am in.


“I was so angry, I called my agent straightaway and told him what had happened and I was so so angry, and if that opportunity came around again I would be put off straight away I think.”


On Gareth Southgate….


 “The gaffer sees everything. He’ll pull you to one side if he doesn’t like what he’s seeing and he’ll tell you what he expects from you.


“He has this nice guy persona and don’t get me wrong that is true, and I can’t speak highly enough of him, but he is ruthless.


“You may have seen that by leaving Luke Shaw out of the recent [Nations League] squad. He’s said that me and Ben [Chilwell] have both been playing very well – and that’s true.




The experienced defender, right, says Gareth Southgate has a ‘ruthless’ side to him



7



The experienced defender, right, says Gareth Southgate has a ‘ruthless’ side to him


“Luke’s had a great season and I hope it continues to go well for him, as that’s only going to push me and Ben to do the same.


“Ultimately it’s going to be great for the country if the three of us are pushing each other every step of the way.”


On Harry Kane’s Champions League half-time team talk…


“He mentioned that we were showing Frenkie de Jong too much respect and said ‘who’s the one that’s going to get around him and show him that he’s in for a game.


“He asked if we wanted our season to end like this and once Harry goes, he goes and he’s very passionate.




The left-back revealed Harry Kane lost it with the Spurs squad during the Champions League semi-final tie in Ajax



7



The left-back revealed Harry Kane lost it with the Spurs squad during the Champions League semi-final tie in Ajax


“It’s a great side to see because it shows he cares. He’s got all these goals and accolades, but is never satisfied.


“He’s a great England captain to have and a great club one, too.”


On why he’ll turn to Kane if he receives racist abuse again …


“If it happened again I’d go to Harry as captain, that would be my first port of call.


“Honestly I know how I am as a person, and I dread to think … if I was having a bad game or we were losing, I honestly don’t know what I’d do.


“I am a bit hot-headed at times but I know the safest thing to do is to go to my captain and leave it in his hands.


“These discussions started before the World Cup as we didn’t know if it would be an issue there.


“We discussed walking off but never agreed on that as a squad.




World Cup 2018: England defender Danny Rose tells family not to travel to Russia over racism fears



7



Rose told his family not to travel to Russia for last summer’s World Cup over fears of racism


 “My personal view is that I don’t think that is the right course of action to take because once you walk off, then what happens? Do you have to play the match again? There are so many questions.


“When it happened in Montenegro I saw some stuff saying that the manager should have been responsible for us walking off the pitch but I don’t think that’s the case at all.


“I couldn’t have asked the gaffer to do anything more. I don’t think walking off the pitch is the answer.”


On Raheem Sterling….


“Raheem has had a lot of unfair criticism in the past and I can’t speak highly enough of how he’s changed opinions of him.


“Now there is a wave, a bit of momentum. It’s going to be a long process but hopefully this can be the start of something.


“With the media and fellow black players, that we can eventually eradicate this problem (of racism) in football.”




Raheem Sterling is an inspiration for his efforts on and off the pitch



7



Raheem Sterling is an inspiration for his efforts on and off the pitch





Home Leagues Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgates ruthless side and his respect for Raheem Sterling
His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England




Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgate's 'ruthless' side and his respect for Raheem Sterling fpnews May 18, 2019 0
Gareth Southgate EXCLUSIVE: Raheem Sterling should be




England manager Gareth Southgate believes the 'incredible' Raheem Sterling should be considered a candidate for PFA Player of the Year. In an exclusive interview with talkSPORT at our brand new studios, Southgate spoke glowingly of the..



Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgate's 'ruthless' side and his respect for Raheem Sterling by: 161385360554578 — Talk Sport 18 May Tottenham and England full-back Danny Rose spoke exclusively with Drivetime on Friday afternoon.
Danny Rose EXCLUSIVE: I just wanted to get in my car and hide


Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino




The 28-year-old sat down to discuss a number of topics with talkSPORT's Sam Matterface, in what was a fascinating interview. He discussed his debt of gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for the impact he's had on his career, while insisting the club 'must…
Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauri




Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgates ruthless side and his respect for Raheem Sterling next article Osaka and Federer withdraw from Italian Open
~ Manchester City vs Watford live on talkSPORT: Exclusive




~ Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgate's 'ruthless' side and his respect for Raheem Sterling ~ Kenya Latest
Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino




Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgate's 'ruthless' side and his respect for Raheem Sterling; Charlton vs Doncaster live on talkSPORT 2: Full commentary, free stream and confirmed line-ups for League One play-off clash
Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino




FULL INTERVIEW Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgate's 'ruthless' side and his respect for Raheem Sterling
~ Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio




Tottenham and England full-back Danny Rose spoke exclusively with Drivetime […] His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for fulfilling England promise, explains Gareth Southgate's 'ruthless' side and his respect for Raheem Sterling - Fussboll
Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino

No comments:

Post a Comment